- Everyone uses hangers, making them perfect for gift giving. You can embroider a monogram, add a bit of trim or some decorative stitches, and in no time at all you have a quick and easy personalized gift item.
- Wire hangers are boring and not very functional. Why not cover them up and turn them into something pretty and practical? This is a great way to re-cycle hangers and keep your garments from getting the "dreaded hanger bump" that comes from unpadded hangers.
- I believe custom-made clothing deserves special status. Why not make a hanger cover from remnants or coordinating fabric to match a garment sewn from scratch? You're sure to smile every time you hang it up.
- A coordinating hanger cover is the crowning touch to a garment crafted for a special occasion such as a wedding. Imagine making one for the bride, groom, and all the wedding attendants. This simple gift helps to commemorate the occasion and create a lasting memory.
- Hanger covers for children's clothing can be made with fun fabrics and designs that appeal to little ones. They'll keep small clothes from slipping and can be made to match colors in their wardrobe. Come to think of it, they could even serve as a fun lesson to teach children to hang up their clothes!
Color your world with creativity! There are three parts to this show - DIY fashion expert Jane Monzures demonstrates fun and fashionable ways to use zippers. I'll show you how to keep clothes looking great with padded hangers, and then designer Jessica Stewart mixes up fabric combinations for beautiful children's fashions.
In this segment Jane begins with a bit of zipper history, shares lots of tips for stitching zippers on Trendy shirts, and then includes instructions for creating fashion accessories with various zipper pieces and parts. Prepare to be mesmerized by Jane's fast paced and inspiring instructions!
In the second, quick tip segment I had the opportunity to show some of my favorite custom covers for ordinary household hangers. Call me crazy but hanger covers are one of my all time favorite projects to make! Here are a whole host of reasons to consider creating some yourself:
In the last segment Jessica shares simple tips for choosing a colorful mix of fabrics and creating "boutique look" dresses for little girls. Her tiered dresses are adorable! You'll enjoy her tips for mixing, matching, and making a patchwork effect to turn tiered dresses into wearable art for little ones.
This show is currently airing on line until April 13 at noon EST. CLICK HERE to watch the show.
Each week at noon a new show airs online at itsseweasytv.com.
This blog features a preview of each weekly show.
As a believer in full disclosure, I'd like you to know that Blog posts may contain affiliate links for products and services I know and trust. Purchasing items through a link marked * results in a small commission for me, with no extra charges for you.
Shop popular online retailers via EBATES and you will receive cash back rebates on all your purchases. I have personally used Ebates for for several years and receive a small referral fee if you click the button below.